Eyebrow Tinting in Portland. Eyebrow tint is a form of semi-permanent hair-dye formulated specifically for use on the eyebrows.
Why would I want to tint my eyebrows?
Eyebrow tinting is a great option in the following circumstances:
- YOU HAVE RADICALLY CHANGED YOUR HAIR COLOUR
- YOU HAVE NOTICED GREY HAIRS ON YOUR EYEBROWS
- YOU WANT THICKER LOOKING EYEBROWS
- YOU WANT TO ADD DEFINITION TO YOUR FACE
Choosing the right shade of eyebrow tint
Luckily, your beauty professional will be able to recommend the most suitable shade, while taking your own preferences into account. If you want to achieve as natural a look as possible, you are advised to only ever lighten or darken your eyebrows by one or two shades. Eyebrow tints are available in a range of colors, including:
- Black - recommended for use with black hair only.
- Taupe - a lighter brown shade with a hint of grey.
- Chestnut - a brown/red color great for redheads and brunettes who want their brows to look 'browner' than taupe (which is more of a grey/brown).
- Blonde - for people with fair hair or skin who want their eyebrows lightening.
- Grey - for people with white or grey hair who want their eyebrows darkening or lightening.
Is eyebrow tinting safe?
Eyebrow tinting is a lot safer than attempting to dye your eyebrows at home with hair-dye, which is something many women do
The tint will then need about 5-10 minutes to develop, after which it will be removed using a cotton wipe.
The tint is likely to stain the skin between the brow hairs initially, making them appear darker in the first day or so than they really are. Don't panic if your brows look strange to you at first the difference is bound to feel a little odd initially but you'll soon get used to it.
How long should eyebrow tinting treatment take?
Depending on who administers your treatment, an eyebrow tint should take no longer than 20-25 minutes.
How long should an eyebrow tint last?
Eyebrow tint is described as semi-permanent dye not because the color fades, but because eyebrow hairs have a very short growth cycle. Eyebrow hairs tend to fall out within 6-8 weeks, taking the tint with them.
EYEBROW TINTING: $15
EYEBROW SHAPING AND TINTING: $25